- This issue are mostly due to configuration or permission changes done by some field used in your report. You might have Datamodel / Configuration changes recently done in your instance but your report need to be adapt. Many other reason can explain why your report is broken and need to be re-ajusted. This issues are product related as Adhoc or ORD take your back-end configuration for each field and save the configuration it in your the report. This KBA will help you to fix this issue without contacting the Support but you can contact the support for this and we will assist you.
Reproducing the Issue
- Connect to Online Report Designer
- Open your Report
- The report Show [Error Rendering in component]
- Edit the report (left option)
- Click on the component showing the error message
- Right click or select top left the option "Edit Query"
- The query will show the message : Query is invalid: Please choose your Scope. A module selection is required
- Back-end configuration issue by the fields used in your report. If this impact all reports, please contact the support.
For any queries still reporting this error 'Query is invalid: Please choose your Scope. A module selection is required.' please attempt the workaround again with the missing step (the query must be saved prior to removing the added column).
Please follow the steps :
1. Open the query
2. Navigate to the ‘Edit’ tab of the query
3. Add a column (not already included in the query); record which column was added as you will need to remove it later
4. Save the query – the module scope should now be re-established
5. Remove the added column
6. Save the query
Now your report should work again.
KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Problem