User Sync is not working, and users are not syncing from BizX to Onboarding 1.0.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
- Sync between BizX and SFTP Fails (for example file is not generated, and placed in SFTP)
- Sync between SFTP and ONB Module (for example file is placed in SFTP, but it's not picked up by Onboarding)
- User Sync job corrupted in Provisioning and not being executed properly.
Scenario 1: User sync file not getting sent to SFTP
- Manage Schedule Jobs
- Filter by Ad hoc
- Check that the job is present
- Check if the job is submitted, if job is not submitted that is the reason why it is not going to SFTP
- If submitted, and not going to SFTP
- Click the job name to open it
- Check that the File available in FTP? option is checked, because that is the option that sends the file to SFTP once it has been submitted
- Image below is what a configure job in provisioning looks like
Scenario 2: Files are going to SFTP, but are not being picked by onboarding.
- Company setting
- Check for Onboarding Account ID
- Super Admin
- Find account
- Foundation Import
- If the foundation import feature is enabled, ensure that the SFTP folder is correct and the host address
- Go back to Provisioning
- Manage Schedule jobs
- Filter by Ad hoc reports and select the job
- Check that the file name on the job in provisioning is correct
- The file name consists of ONBaccountID_User_Sync.csv
If the above are completed and the file is still not getting picked up
- Open the report in SFTP check the row headings on the report
- Navigate to Super Admin
- Import Export Settings
- Export the files and check that the value of the columns on SuccessFactorsUserImport
- Matches the name of the row headings on the report
- Job Owner is visible on sync in Provisioning:
- If you want to view the job in BizX you must proxy the job owner to view the report in analytics.
- Keep the job owner’s default language in BizX the same as the default language in Onboarding the job will not be picked up otherwise.
- Do not alter the ImportUses file in Super Admin
- Do not add the Onboarding account name in the Foundation Import file on FileMask row.
- Ensure to leave the default as shown below
Scenario 3: User Sync job corrupted in Provisioning and not being executed properly.
Please recreate it from scratch, then run it manually once and check if it completes, if the file generates in the sftp and if it will be consumed by onboarding after a while. Note: while recreating the job, make sure it has the same settings as configured in SuperAdmin > Features > Foundation Import.
SF, success factors, OBD, ONB, User Sync, File is not picking up from SFTP, File is not generated in SFTP , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , LOD-SF-OBD-INT , Integrations with Onboarding , How To