- User/s is unable to see a Graph on a page ("An error has occurred in generation of the requested image"). Other users are able to see the graph.
- The chart does not display data when the first measure of the query has a null value in the columns
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to WFA > Report Designer
- Create a report page and a Chart component
- Run the Report
- See the error
- Tree or Role Security
- Structural setup of Chart
- Null values in the query
Scenario 1 - If this is just impacting one user, or a group of users?
Check the user's security Role/Group (if using RBP/BizX Permissions) or Tree or Role Security (WFA Only).
Scenario 2 - Also, check the structural setup of the Chart.
Check 'Structuranl Dimensions'. Is the user/s limited to a set position in the Organisational Chart, but the Chart is set at the "All Organisational" or Higher level that restricts the user from seeing that part of the Organisation?
Are there Custom Sets/Members that the user/s is restricted from seeing?
Scenario 3 - Null Values
- Open the query preview to check if there are null values
- If so, the report will return the error message "An error has occurred in generation of the requested image"
- As a workaround, you can edit the Measures section of the query and deselect the option "Exclude rows or columns that contain no data"
- Check the result
Note: Engineering is currently working to fix the issue with the null values. The solution provided in this KBA to exclude rows or columns that contain no data is a temporary workaround.
Error in generation of requested image chart no data wfa workforce analytics graph , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem