- New hires were onboarded outside the onboarding system, but needed to be verified in E-Verify
- There are no E-verify activities for the candidates in the system
- Candidate is a Remote Hire.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 - All Versions
For Live Customer(s)
The manual E-Verify process is used for new employees hired outside of Onboarding, for existing employees who must be authorized through E-Verify as a result of a federal contract that includes the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clause, or for remote employees.
Corporate representative who are using Manual E-Verify process must have a complete and scanned copy of employees I-9 either a paper-based or electronic Form I-9 to use this process. A workflow will be triggered and prompt user to upload a copy of US Form I-9 later in this process.
Steps on How to Manually Start an E-Verify Process
- Step 1: Login to SAP SuccessFactors HCM and navigate to Onboarding
- Step 2: In Onboarding, click the Onboarding Dashboard to show the dropdown selection and hover-click your cursor to Process
- Step 3: Under Process, click E-Verify tab and click Start button to initiate the Manual Process
- Step 4: A panel will show and confirm the reason why Manual E-Verify Process is used and acknowledgment if new hire signed an I-9 form
- This is a new hire that was hired outside of Onboarding.
- This is an existing employee who must be processed through E-Verify because he/she is now associated with a federal acquisition regulation clause.
- Step 5: Corporate representative will now input the details of employee, click Next when required fields are completed
- Step 6: In the next panel, corporate representative needs to scan and upload the US I-9 form; click Next when form is uploaded successfully
- Step 7: In the next panel, corporate representative needs to enter Start Date, Citizenship/Immigration Status, Document Type, and Document ID's
A Citizen of the United States
A Noncitizen National of the United States
A Lawful Permanent Resident
Alien Authorized to Work
- Step 8: Corporate representative needs to submit the initial verification and forward the data to E-Verify database to pull the record to SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
- Step 9: Case result will be received and follow the workflow until Employment Authorize or Final Nonconfirmation status is shown
- Step 10: Finish the activity to complete the Manual E-Verify process
E-verify, Manual E-verify Process, BasicPilot, Basic, Pilot, ONB, Onboarding, Remote Hire, E-verify for Remote Hires , KBA , km-6944 , LOD-SF-OBD-EVF , e-Verify , How To