You are able to save an Opportunity although you have only added a Product Category, no an actual Product.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work centre Sales.
- Go to the view Opportunities.
- Select an Opportunity ABC (ABC represents the name of the Opportunity).
- Go to the facet Products.
- Click Add to add a row for Products.
- Select and add a Product Category 123 (123 represents the name of the Product Category).
- Click Save.
The save is successful.
This is expected system behaviour.
It is possible to add an item in an Opportunity by one of following three ways:
- Add product
- Add only product category
- Add only description (user text)
This flexibilityis provided for users who may not always know the exact product that has to be sold.
KBA , SRD-SRM-PRP , Product Portfolio , How To