This article is relevant to a UNIX-Windows mixed (heterogenous) deployment with lumira services running on the Windows Server.
- After install or patching a lumira server on non-windows deployment, we run into lumira issues when using lumira with or on SAP BI platform.
- When trying to save lumira documents using desktop, we get errors such as "The version of SAP BI Platform edtion cannot be determined. Some features may not be compatible." when trying to save to BI platfrom.
- After upgrading Lumira server for BIP to 1.29.3 on a windows node of the heterogenous cluster [ 1 windows + 1 linux BIP cluster ] , cannot connect Lumira desktop (1.29.3) to BIP.
- Windows node has only Lumira server specific components [APS/Lumira Server, AJSm WACS, Web Tier]. UNIX node has full stack of BI Platfrom 4.x including Web Tier (Tomcat). Lumira on windows node was patched.
- We can create lumira documents on desktop client - but when we attempt to Save or Publish to SAP BI Platform server, we can connect to the BI server,
but cannot see any folders. We get a warning that ‘The version of SAP BI Platform edtion cannot be determined. Some features may not be compatible.’
- SAP BI Platform 4.x [Unix node]
- SAP Lumira for BI Platform 1.29.3 [Windows node]
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.29.3
- Windows node has only Lumira server specific components [APS/Lumira Server, AJSm WACS, Web Tier].
- UNIX node has full stack of BI Platfrom 4.x including Web Tier (Tomcat).
Lumira server heterogenous deployment windows unix distributed patching cannot save error , KBA , BI-LUM-SRV-BIP , SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.