When an item is associated to a program, the item cannot be made inactive. The admin receives a validation error: "The item is in use by Program(s)."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Learning Administration
- Open the Item record that needs to be inactivated
- Change the Status section to Inactive
- Click Save
- Validation error: "The Item is in use by Program(s)."
This validation message is due to an existing item/program association. The item may have been removed from a program but changes were not propagated so the item/program association still exists.
The admin would have selected NO to the following message:
You have made changes to the program's agenda. Do you wish to propagate the current version of the agenda to all users?
- Selecting Yes affects current and future assignments.
- Selecting No leaves current assignments intact and impacts only future assignments.
- Selecting Cancel returns you to the agenda - changes made are not yet saved and there is no impact to current and future assignments.
There are users who have not completed this item part of programs assigned to them.
- Remove the item from the Program and propagate changes to the program to assignees or users and then inactivate the item;
- Navigate to Learning Activities > Programs
- Search by the Program ID or Item ID (please check see also section)
- Edit the Agenda Section > Find the respective Item
- Delete the Item from the Program Agenda
- Click Save
- You will receive a warning to propagate the changes, choose Yes
- Schedule/run the job as requested on the pop-up
- Click Done
- If the Item is no longer in the Program but you know the Program ID, propagate the pending changes (make some change > Click Save > Choose Yes on the pop-up)
- Starting in version b1802, if all Users have the Item completed and the Scheduled type Program is expired, it is possible to inactivate the item (LRN-29689)
- Run a Program Status report to identify the users who still have the item assigned through programs but not completed (only if you know the Program ID)
- Either ask the Users to complete the Item/Add Learning History for the Item (Learning Admin tool) or remove the Program from the User's assignment (Manage User Learning > Manage Assignments > Remove Programs)
- The system is not currently designed to display the Programs an Item is associated to. Raise an Enhancement Request 2090228 to get this capability.
- If you are unable to find the affected records through the UI, Support can assist with finding the data by running some scripts.
- However, customers will be correcting the data in the application rather than Support running scripts in the database as per best practices.
- 2388098 - LMS: Unable to Remove Item from Scheduled Based Programs
- If the Item is not being shown as search criteria, you can add it. Please follow the instructions available on the following KBA:
- 2493003 - How to add a column in your search results for the various entity searches - item, Schedule Offering etc - Learning
- SAP Support Only: See Internal KBA 2643686 for more information.
SF, SuccessFactors, LMS, Learning, item, inactive, program, remove, inactivate, deactivate, notactive, not active, validation error, assign, use by, The item is in use by Program(s), future assignments , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-PRO , Programs , Problem