On the Compensation Portlet, when the field "Change percent" is not the exact percentage based on the field "Change amount", the fields "Change amount" and "Total amount" get updated incorrectly.
A good example is Annual salary of 60,000 and "Change amount" of 5000 with "Change percent" of 8.33 as seen in the screen shots.
Employee Central - Compensation Information
Reproducing the Issue
On the Compensation Portlet:
1. Input a "Change amount".
2. "Change percent" and "Total Amount" are calculated.
3. Hit tab key from "Change amount" to "Change percent".
4. When the "Change percent" is not the exact percentage based on "Change amount", the "Change amount and "Total amount" get updated incorrectly.
5. A good example is Annual salary of 60,000 and "Change amount" of 5000 with "Change percent" of 8.33.
6. Please find the below screen shots for more details :
The default rounding of percentage is always set to two decimals which is the cause of this behavior.
If you need to change the amount based on percentage, please enter all decimals required for the exact percentage.
In the given example, enter the percentage like 8.3332% then you would see the increment of amount =~5000.
Calculator issue compensation percentage precision percentage percentage rounding , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem