You want to change the Bill-To-Address while creating Customer Invoice or Project Invoice Request but system is not updating the same though you have changed the Address in relevant Account Master Data correctly. The bill-to address will be taken from the master data; otherwise, it will be taken from the sales order if changed in the relevant document.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing Workcenter.
- Go to Project Invoicing View.
- Choose Sales Orders Sub View.
- In the field Show, choose All Orders using drop down and search for the relevant Order ID with Account:ABC.
- Select the relevant Sales Order ID and choose option New selecting Manual Project Invoice Request or Automatic Project Invoice Request.
- Now system will create the Project Invoice Request against the Order ID with Account :ABC.
- Here when you check the Bill-To-Address in New Project Invoice Request ID, you find that Address is not updated as per Account's Address which you have changed.
Note : Same for Customer Invoice as well.
The reason why system has not updated the address in Project Invoice Request or Customer Invoice because the relevant scoping question: Do you want to redetermine the address of the Bill-To-Party from the master data at the time of invoice creation is not yet scoped.
In order to select the scoping question, follow below given steps :
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project and click Edit Project Scope.
- In the Scoping step of the project, ensure that Customer Invoicing is selected within Sales.
- In the Questions step, expand the Sales scoping element.
- Select Customer Invoicing then select Miscellaneous Invoicing.
- Then review the question: Do you want to redetermine the address of the Bill-To party from the master data at the time of invoice creation?.
Note: This scoping question is available, only if you have answered the following scoping question with Yes.
In General Business Data element, select Business Partners, then select Handling of Business Partners and answer the question Do you want to view the time dependent address maintained for accounts?.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To