- You are running applications on SAP ASE database.
- On high-concurrency INSERT/DELETE environments, you notice one of the following to occur and subsequently, hang the ASE server:
- One or more hanging spids are seen in sysprocesses or sp_who output with status 'latch sleep'. These spids cannot be killed.
- 'dump database' or 'dump transaction' process gets stuck and cannot be killed. The spid is shown in master..syslogshold table with name $dmpxact.
- the hanging 'dump tran' event may or may not be preceded by Error 2630 in the ASE errorlog:
Error: 2630, Severity: 21, State: 1
In database 'SID', page 111370512 is linked backward to page 111370515, but that page is linked forward to page 121286312. Please report this internal error to Sybase Technical Support.
- Backup Server and future backups do not take place, as a result.
- ASE errorlog reports stack trace errors accompanied by Error 871 in some cases. The functions in the stack trace:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP136
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP136 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 for Business Suite
CR767494, CR#767494, 767494, CR792164, CR#792164, 792164, CR797184, CR797184, CR#797184, 797184, CR797186, CR#797186, 797186, CR798255, CR798255, CR#798255, 798255, CR797550, CR#797550, 797550, hung, HK GC, post-commit shrink, housekeeper garbage collection, traceflag, trace, flag, 3993, 3991, BT_SHRINK
, KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.