Currently it is not possible (nor planned) to be able to report on Employee central Workflow transactions via Ad Hoc Reporting.
Currently it is possible to report on Workflow transactions raised in the system, via the Employee Central Advanced Reporting feature (which is part of the ODS / Online Report Designer module).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Report Canvas on Advanced reporting Query
As of now, there are a total of 5 separate Standard Advanced Reports that can be used to report on Workflows :
- Open Workflow Requests: Lists all still pending workflow requests that need to be approved (status of pending). Has been enhanced to show current approver also in cases of positions and dynamic groups (e.g. Workflow Groups - Users Group Subtype in ectworkflow).
- Workflow Request Analysis: The Workflow Request Analysis report lists all processed workflow requests in a certain time range. You can also view the reason of the request and the workflow duration (start and end date). You can also see who were the last people involved (last modified by and last processed by). You can specify the date range and other filters such as event reason, requested for and requested by, and organizational data.
- Workflow Processing Statistics: The Workflow Processing Statistics reports lists the total number of workflow requests per workflow status according to the request types and the event reasons.
- Workflow Processing Time Statistics: The Workflow Processing Time Statistics report provides the processing times for the different workflow requests steps.
● The first page of the report provides a statistical evaluation of (1) the number of workflow requests and (2) the average processing times separated by request type and approver.
● A second page provides the detailed information of each workflow request step, like :orkflow Step Processing Date, Previous Processing Date and the Respective Approver
- Workflow Changes Activity Log: The :orkflow Changes Activity Log report provides details of the :orkflow Request history, which is displayed on the activity log section from the :orkflow UI. Following information is displayed: Who has initiated the workflow, who has approved a workflow step, who has rejected or sent back the workflow step. Furthermore, following details are displayed: If the workflow step was processed on behalf of somebody or the workflow step was escalated from one employee to another.
Open Workflow Requests report
The previous version of the report "Open Workflow Requests" reports four different names:
- The employee for whom the workflow request was created,
- The employee which created the workflow request,
- The last modifier of the workflow request and
- The owner/processor of the workflow step.
Now, in b1602 the report provides all approvers, also when the workflow configuration is more complex, i.e. the approver type is (1) Role, (2) Dynamic Role, (3) Dynamic Group, (4) Position or (5) Position Relationship. In case of (2) Dynamic Role, it's required to consider the different resolver types as “Dynamic Group”, “Person” and “Position”.
Furthermore, the following further enhancements were done to this report in b1602:
- The last approver and the respective approval date is reported;
- The Total number of workflow steps is reported
- The number “Stalled For Days” is reported (this number is also shown on the UI “Manage Workflow Requests”)
Workflow Processing Time Statistics
The report “Workflow Processing Time Statistics” provides the processing times of the different workflow requests steps:
- For example, a 3-step approval process where each step is completed by the various processors within 2 days, would be reported with 3 records with each 2 days, i.e. the time span between first appearance in the approvers’ worklist until processing of the wf request.
- Each record provides detailed information e.g. workflow step processing date, previous processing date and the respective approver. A number of different filters can be applied to the report, e.g. to filter for specific approvers, request types and workflow status (both, overall wf status and wf step status).
- A second page of the report is provided with a statistical evaluation of the average processing times separated by request type and approver.
Example - Page 1 :
Example - Page 2 :
Please note that you will need to have the Advanced Reporting feature enabled to be able to utilize these reports. Currently Ad Hoc Reporting does not cover these areas.
If you would like to enable Advanced Reporting for your instances, please open an incident with the SAP SuccessFactors Analytics & Reporting Product Support team. Please also note that if you have the Advanced Reporting feature already enabled, then you can upload the standard reports on the instance.
2525983 - How to upload EC Standard Report templates in the Report Center
2275436 - Report Transfer / Report Definition: How to download and/or Upload xml files
Employee Central Advanced Reporting Technical Guide for Standard Reports in Employee Central
SAP Help Portal for SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
Advanced Reporting, Analytics, Employee Central 2.0, ODS, ECT-44984, ECT-47150 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To