While creating purchase order for service you could see the Time Recording flag is not available.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
Choose the Purchase Orders view.
Find and choose the Purchase Order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the PO).
Choose Edit button.
Go to Items tab.
Choose the service assigned to the service agent.
Here you can see the Time Recording flag is not available, if the field is not enabled for time recording the service agent/external employee will not be able to record the time against the project.
The time recording integration with projects procurement is not enabled, hence the time recording flag is not available in the purchase order.
Steps to enable Project Procurement.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Choose the project and choose the Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to Questions tab.
- Choose the Scoping Element Human Resources -> Time and Labor Management -> Time Recording
- Here enable the below 2 questions.
- You have chosen to record employee times in order to integrate them with Projects.
- You have chosen to record employee times in order to integrate them with Procurement.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To