- Changing the message in the panel displayed to a manager/new hire
- How to remove the message in a particular panel
- Cannot change the locale of the welcome link
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding - All Versions
The message displayed in the panel is taken from the localization resource file. So modify the message, the localization resource file should be updated.
Prerequisite: Access to Super admin site
- In the admin site , see whether you have Debug extended locale : DBG2 (Admin site -> Locales). If you do not have this locale, please add it.
- If you have "debug extended locale" already available in super admin, then you can switch to Debug extended locale
- If you login through BizX, then click on the drop down near your name. Choose Options in the drop down
- Click on Change language and change the locale.
- If you directly login to Onboarding then Go to Profile tab and change the locale.
- Change your locale to Debug Extended Locale (make note of the current locale)
- Your screen will have lot of keys. It is expected behavior.
- Process one candidate. When you come to the panel where you want to change the text, please make note of the Keys
- Here L represent Local and G represents Global. Next is the key (lblManagerTurn2.Text). Then is the path (XpressHR.UserControls.App_LocalResources.ApplicantSignForms.DBG2.ascx.resources)
- To change the locale of the link in the welcome letter: Click on the link and it will open in the browser. This link will end with account information. After this account information you have to add &Locale=DBG2. (https://onboarding4preview.sapsf.com/ONB/ApplicantPage.aspx?HRDataId=<Unique ID>&Account=<Company id>&Locale=DBG2)
- Now Go to Super administrator site > Import/Export Setting > LocalizationResource
- Click on LocalizationResource
- Select Export and submit:
- Open the xml file in an XML editor
- Find the key (lblManagerTurn2.Text) in the XML / If the key is not available then add the key, path and the value.
- Change the message and save the file
- Now Go to Super administrator site > Import/Export Setting > LocalizationResource and import the file:
- Now go to the application > My profile and change the locale to the default one
- Run the test and confirm the updated message
Note: Please ensure to delete the DBG2 from the Path in the XML file, or Change it to Locale the file is being altered for e.g. en-US
Note: for Data key="litTitle.Text.CompletedFirtstStep, use the following path: path="XpressHR.UserControls.App_LocalResources.SF_DefaultThankYou.ascx.resources"
<Data key="litTitle.Text.CompletedFirtstStep" path="XpressHR.UserControls.App_LocalResources.SF_DefaultThankYou.ascx.resources"><Value><![CDATA[You have now provided all the required information, thank you. We look forward to meeting you soon.]]></Value>
In addition, this key “litTitle.Text.CompletedFirtstStep” is a type of key that cannot be use to localize for a specific process’ name. Instead, you can use the key for localization, but the statement or message will apply to all processes.
resource, locale, localization, localisation, translation, translations, GlobalResources, LocalResources, XpressHR.UserControls, DefaultThankYou , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-PAN , Panels, Panel Designer , How To