- Legacy Picklist values are not visible after migration to MDF
- Mapping between legacy and migrated MDF picklists
- Error while doing import for legacy picklists which have been migrated to MDF
SuccessFactors Cloud HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Try to access a picklist in Configure Object Definition
- See a generic application error message.
- Try to open picklist in Configure Object Definition
- Values are not showing, or a blank page is loaded.
- Import a picklist from Admin Center > Picklist Management
- Face error on UI "The picklist is linked to the "externalCode" MDF Picklist and cannot be updated. Please update the MDF Picklist."
The legacy picklist is not properly mapped with corresponding MDF picklist.
It is necessary to update the picklist so the mapping is configured correctly. In order to do so, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Review the picklist id (code)
- Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions
- Select the Picklist > Check the picklist with same picklist id as in legacy
- The code (picklist id) field should be same for MDF picklist as defined in legacy
- Create / Update the picklist mapping
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Data
- Create New > MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist Map
- 1.NOTE: In case you are not able to find "MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist Map" on above step, you might be missing the RBP permission for it. Please go to Manage Permission Roles > select one admin role > Miscellaneous Permissions-> MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist Map > mark the checkboxes for "View" "Edit" and "Import/Export". Once saved, please log-out and sign-in again so the update can take effect on your browser.
- "MDF Picklist": select the corresponding MDF picklist
- "Legacy Picklist ID": enter the corresponding legacy picklist id
Now, all picklist values will be visible for both Legacy and MDF Picklist.
NOTE: If you need to add new values into this picklist, see KBA 2463527 - How to edit MDF picklist?
NOTE: If after the migration you have duplicate entries on the picklist, see KBA 2786336 - Post Picklist Migration - Picklists duplicated with ~%1
picklist, legacy picklist, MDF picklist, picklist migration, picklist mapping, MDF picklist to legacy picklist map , KBA , mdf , configure object definitions , manage data , mdf picklists , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , LOD-SF-MDF-PKL , Picklists , How To