- When going to Take Action > Change Job Information, upon selecting the Job Classification or Pay Grade field, not all values are displayed.
- In some instances, No Data is displayed.
- On the other hand, if you do the same step as an admin, you are able to see all Job Classification and Pay Grade values in the dropdown
- SuccessFactors Employee Central - Job Information
- SuccessFactors Employee Central - Role-based Permissions
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as a manager
- Navigate to any direct reports Job Information page
- Take action > Change Job and Comp info > Job information > Choose values from the field or "Job Classification" "Pay Grade"
- System is not listing all Pay Grades. Same behaviour when trying to change Job Classification.
- But all Pay Grades and Job Classifications are visible while doing a make correction via Job History or if repeat the same steps as an admin user
We have a permission named "View Higher Grades" under permission roles which is responsible for restricting the values displayed for the Pay Grade and Job Classification fields in MSS.
Admin Center--->Manage Permission Roles---->Choose respective role--->Employee Data---->HR Actions---->View Higher Grades
This option defines if a manager can view an employee's Job Classification if it is higher than the manager's. To restrict a manager’s view, leave the permissions unchecked.
Make sure that the Job Classifications are assigned to a pay grade, and have a paygradeLevel maintained. When the manager goes to the Update Employee Records page for Job Information, the list of job classifications in the dropdown is limited to those whose paygradeLevel is less than the manager’s. Note that this function is limited to this page; it does not have any effect on the Job Info History page
Pay Grade Permission, View Higher Grades, Job Classification, job-code, Job Code, payGrade, MSS UI, Take Action, Employee Central, no data , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , Problem