When you try to run a report based on an Employee Central Standard Template you get random errors.
When you try to validate the report from the Realms table, in this example, you get the error No primary table defined: TIMEOFF_TimeAccount as per below.
- SuccessFActors HCM Core
- Advanced Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the desired instance
- Analytics - Analytics
- Try to run the desired report and random errors occurs. For example, Application error: An Error occurred in processing your request
- Try to validate the report and the below messages are shon from the Realms Table
- No primary table defined: TIMEOFF_EmployeeTime.
- No primary table defined: EMPLOYMENT_VIEW_MERGE_EMP_JOB_INFO_T_GLOBAL.
- No primary table defined: PERSON_VIEW_MERGE_EMP_PERSONAL_INFO_T.
- No primary table defined: BENEFIT_BenefitEmployeeClaim.
Note: From the Logs, via the Backend tools, we could see some errors which led to the full metadata refresh Failed.
These errors indicate that a table used in the report template is not found in the target instance. The validator may be unable to find a table due to it not existing in the instance or simply having a different label in the instance configuration.
A missing table can also have the flow on effect of causing missing columns so these errors are often seen together and accompanied by other validation errors relating to joins and columns.
It could also mean that data was not replicated correctly.
In this case the issue with the standard reports was caused by the 'Metadata reload failure' hence the tables/columns could not be reached.
The issue was solved by our Engineering Team with the following steps(via Analytics backend Tool):
- Changed Analytics company settings
- Purge consumer/company cache
- Redo metadata reload
Once the Metadata reload completed successfully the report data/table were reacheable and the issue solved.
Standard Report Failed, No primary table defined, Advanced Reporting Validation , KBA , thennan_ecstd_report_validate , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem