- SAP ASE server shuts down unexpectedly.
- The ASE errorlog contains a message 'infected with signal 10' or 'infected with signal 11' in the module proc__search() followed by a stack trace, for example:
- Current process (hex#) infected with signal 10 (SIGBUS)
Address hex# (proc__search+0x48c)
- Current process (hex#) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address hex# (proc__search+#)
- Stack traces include functions:
s_getTreeOrPlan or sqt_get_plan
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- The ASE spid may also fail in proc__search() due a timeslice error.
- The terminated proces (spid) may stilil hold the spinlock Des Upd Spinlocks, for example:
Spinlocks held by kpid 1833501109
Spinlock Des Upd Spinlocks at address 0x0000000145bc5a00 owned by 1833501109
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
"bus error", crash, stacktrace, spinlocks, proc__search, 815546, 813496, CR815546, CR#815546, CR813496, CR#813496, "signal 11", 819987, CR 819987 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.