- What are the required fields on the instance's User Data File (UDF)?
- What fields can I remove from datamodel and, consequently, from the UDF?
- What are the default fields in the UDF initially?
- Which fields are shown by default in Employee Profile?
- How can I change which fields will appear in the instance's UDF?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
The Employee User Data File (UDF) only supports a specific list of pre-defined standard-elements.
Therefore, it's not possible to see some fields on the UDF when exporting it, even through they can be configured on Employee Profile.
The below table brings guidance on what are the standard and custom elements on the Succession Data Model.
Furtherly, it shows how the elements are used on the User Data File (UDF) and how they appear on Employee Profile.
- Column “Field”: on this column, the standard-elements are presented as shown on the User Data File (UDF);
- Column “Max Length”: indicates how many characters each field supports;
- Column “Required”: indicates whether this Field is required by the system or not;
- Column “Key”: presents how the Field is shown on the Employee Profile configuration;
- Column “Included in Default?”: shows which standard-elements are supported by the User Data File (UDF).
- The checked fields indicate that it can be seen on the UDF and the unchecked ones indicate that they cannot be seen on the UDF, neither added to it.
Note: If you are adding any standard fields other than above listed in the data model, check it in the extended import template.
Additionally, this KBA's "See Also" section brings further material to guide you should you like to make changes in the Data Model.
User Data File, UDF, datamodel, Data Model, Data Import, Basic Import, mandatory fields , standard-element, custom fields, custom elements, required fields , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-UEX , Employee Export Issues , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , How To