- Candidate Conversion Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How to work with Employee to Candidate Conversion SuccessFactors Recruiting Managment
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- To convert profiles, a conversion scheduled job runs and checks for conditions.
- Once conditions are met, the system disassociates the Candidate Profile from the Employee Profile and converts it to an external Candidate Profile.
- How is employee to candidate conversion triggered?
A. Inactivate the BizX user account.
B. Allow the scheduled job to run.
- How is the user’s primaryEmail (username) value selected when they are converted to external?
The system uses a set of hard-coded, non-configurable business rules to select the most reasonable username possible:
A. Candidate was originally converted from “External to Internal conversion job” :
PostConvExtPrimaryEmail (candidate’s original primaryEmail value - firstname.lastname@example.org(example)) address used here to update candidate’s primary email and converted to external.
B. Candidate profile created based on User profile:
It will first attempt to use candidate’s contact email
If the above fails or not present then, the system will attempt to use the internal user’s profile email address (email@example.com)
If the above fails or not present then, the system will use the system username value (lokamoto)
If the above fails or not present then, the system will append an integer from 1 to 10 with username to make it unique (lokamoto1…10)
If it still fails then return as failed
- Does the candidate receive an email notification after the profile is converted?
This is possible by enabling this email up:
A. Admin Center;
B. E-Mail Notification Templates Settings
C. Internal To External Candidate Profile Conversion Success Notification.
This email attempts to send to the contact email address on record. There may be no external email address stored for an internal candidate converted to an external candidate, so advise the client the email may not reach the candidate. This may affect how the client thinks about the data privacy implications of this feature.
KB article 2081617 - Employee to Candidate Conversion - Recruiting
Deconversion, Profile, Recruiting, RCM, Email , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To