This KBA covers how to allow special characters in Email addresses in the Learning Management System
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login LMS > Users > edit any User record.
- Type some special characters in the Email Address field and click Save button.
- Note the warning message and admin cannot save the email address value as it contains special character
- In this example, it's an ampersand (&):
- This is because the emailValidationEnabled setting is enabled within LMS_ADMIN configuration
- This setting enforces proper email address formatting
- Go to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > Open LMS_ADMIN in edit mode
- Search "emailValidationEnabled"
- Change the below configuration from True to False:
# When emailValidationEnabled is set to true, the class in emailValidationClassName is called to validate e-mail syntax.
# When a user types in an e-mail address, the system checks for @ symbols and periods (.) for correct e-mail syntax. Default: true.
- If you turn off email validation, system won't give any error and will process the email sending request normally
- There is possibility that mail server cannot interpret special characters and this could cause the any email not been sent to users
- We generally recommend users not to turn off email address validation or use special characters in email addresses
Email Address, special characters, incorrect format, question mark, ampersand, pipe, letters, numbers, ä , ö , ü , ß , é or *, @, |, &, Contact's EMAIL SF SuccessFactors Learning LMS , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To