The field 'Payout Percentage' (id=individualPercent) is editable in the Variable Pay forms although it is configured as read-only.
SuccessFactors Business Execution Suite - Compensation & Variable Pay
When Field Based Permissions (FBP) is enabled, we will not check the permission settings in the XML template. We will check the settings on "Configure Label Names and Visibility".
However, on the visibility page, the pencil icon (editable) for the field 'Payout Percentage' (id=individualPercent) is hidden because 'Performance Percent' is set as read-only in the Guideline rule settings.
In order to revoke the 'edit' permission for the field 'Payout Percentage' (id = individualPercent), please follow the steps below:
1) Go to "Manage Plan Details"->"Guidelines";
2) Click "Change Rule Settings" in "Actions" of Individual section rule;
3) Mark option "Make the Performance Percent field" as editable;
4) Go to "Configure Label Names and Visibility" page and revoke edit permission of "Payout Percentage";
5) Go back to "Guideline" and change Performance Percent back to read-only;
6) Log out and then log into the company again;
7) Open form then the permission will take effect.
KBA 2187611 - Variable Pay - Field-based permissions using RBP Roles:
Variable Pay forms, Guideline, Individual Percent, editable, read-only, Field Based Permissions. , KBA , LOD-SF-VRP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To