- When the language of Instance is set to English, the name format is First Name followed by Last name with a space in between (eg. Bing Yang).
- However, when the language setting is set to Chinese, the name format is Last name followed by First Name (eg. YangBing). The name is without any spaces and the last name and first name are squished together.
- Can we change the format for Chinese to Last Name followed by First Name with a space in between (eg. Yang Bing)?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Successfactors
- Check name when language is set to English: 'Firstname Lastname'
- Go to Options -> Change language to Chinese
- Check name
- The name is last name followed by first name but with no spaces: 'LastnameFirstname'
- The current behavior is by-design. Since most companies' Chinese users actually desire to have no spaces between the first and last Chinese names, and so this was changed as a default.
- If however, you do not want the default behavior, you can get the space introduced via the 3-tier language pack mechanism.
- The 3-tier language pack changes can be done by your Partner or a PS consultant.
Name in chineese, No space in chineese language , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UM , User Management , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1511