When selecting a Primary contact who is not directly related to the account for a Sales quote, a default e-mail address gets entered
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Work centre 'Sales'.
- Go to View 'Sales Quotes'.
- Select example 123 (123 represents the relevant Sales Quote) which was created for account 456 (456 represents the account ID).
- For the field 'Primary Contact', enter 'Edit'-mode.
- In the ovs, change the selection to 'All' and select any contact ABC (ABC represents the contact name) who is NOT maintained as direct contact for the account 456.
In the 'Output Details' an e-mail address appears, which is not related to that Contact ABC.
The buying company 456's (Account) e-mail address is used as a default e-mail address for the output (as a fall-back) if the Contact's e-mail address is either not existing or not valid (as example: it might already be assigned to another Account 789).
Normally, a Contact is always maintained as a direct contact for an Account. When creating a Sales Quote, the direct contact is automatically determined once the Account is entered.
However, if an indirect contact is entered manually and this contact is not yet assigned to any Account, his/her e-mail address (if existing) is also valid for the output and will be used as default e-mail address for the output (instead of the e-mail of the Account 456).
However, if the Contact ABC has already been maintained as Contact for another Account, then his/ her e-mail address will be not valid and the default e-mail address of Account 456 will be used.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To