- Field or Key not available for Reporting or Notification
- How to add a key in the Data Dictionary.
- Key needs to be added in the Onboarding side.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
Creating or Editing a New Field (Data Key)
When editing a field, you will run across the following possible configurations:
|Name||Database key (unique ID); no spaces||Custom_Key|
|Label||What end-users see during the Onboarding process||First Name|
The type of field, see below for the available selection
|Required||Whether or not this field is required for data entry||Check/Uncheck|
|Repeating Field||Field that repeats itself with different information such as Dependent or Emergency Contact info||Check/Uncheck|
Once you create a new field in the Data Dictionary, it is stored but not used. Some extra steps are involved when using a field in the Data Dictionary for the purposes of collecting or mapping data.
For example, you want to integrate a new Veteran Status field from Recruiting Management (ATS) to the same field on one of the Onboarding panels. You create the new Veteran Status field in the Data Dictionary; the next step would be to ensure that it is in the correct entity. In this case, Veteran Status information is most typically gathered in the application. You will have to ensure that Veteran Status is now in the Entities > ApplicationInfo tag for the mapping to work.
Steps to Add New Fields to Data Dictionary
- Navigate to SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding > Settings > Data Dictionary
- Click New Field to Add a Data Key
- Enter the property such as Name, Label, Description, and Type
- Click OK to complete action
When Name is added, label is populated automatically with the same value