You have uploaded your bank statement, nevertheless, the associated payment allocation remains In Preparation, although you have memo line rules to match payments.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Go to Payment Allocation view.
- Find the In Preparation payment allocation.
You'll see that the payment under Payment Confirmation/Returns is not allocated as expected.
The memo line analysis tool is used for:
- Allocation to Customer/Supplier account or Open items in these accounts.
- Allocation to G/L Account.
- Allocation to Payments made from the system, Payment Confirmation/Returns tab.
The memo line analysis works differently for allocations to existing payments than for G/L Account and Customer/Supplier account assignment.
For an allocation to automatically post for payments made from the system, a memo line rule of type DME Reference (data medium exchange) must exist.
The rule searches for the DME identifier in the corresponding bank statement item. Therefore, the exact Document ID or External Document ID of the payment to be allocated should have been mentioned in the bank statement, which is empty in this case. Hence, although the memo line simulation finds the payment order, the automatic allocation does not happen since the identifier is not present in the bank statement item.
Relevant Rules for Analyzing Memo Lines can me accessed either via the open payment allocation, or:
- Fine Tuning Activity: Global Settings for Payment.
- Create and edit rules for analyzing memo lines.
You need to check why the identifier is not being sent in the bank statement file. For MT940 format, for example, when individual payments are confirmed, the system expects the payment references to be sent in tag 61, which fills the Doc ID field of the bank statement item.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To