You have restricted a Business Role from Read and Write access to the Accounts. This works fine when user tries to search for accounts from Customers > Accounts workcenter view.
Whereas, we have an issue when user tries to search for an Account from other work centers viz., When you search for an Account from Sales Order quick create screen it displays all the accounts irrespective of the access restriction which worked above.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to the system with the User who is assigned to Business Role ABC.
- Navigate to Customers Work Center > Accounts View.
- Search for Account XYZ.
Account will not be displayed since this is restricted for the Business Role ABC.
- Now, Navigate to Sales Work Center > Sales Orders View.
- Click New.
- Choose the value help of Account field.
You will find the Account XYZ which is restricted in the Customers Work center.
This is the expected system behavior in line with current design. The Access Restriction is confined only to the respective work center view and it is not applied across all other work center views where the field exists.
As a work around you could use the following steps to restrict the access in advanced search screen of other work center views.
- Login to the system.
- Navigate to Sales Work center > Sales Orders View.
- Choose Personalization Or Adapt > Edit Master Layout (Or Choose Page layout assigned for the Business Role ABC if any).
- Choose New from the Sales order screen.
- In the pop up window choose the value help for Account field.
- Choose Advanced search option.
- Choose the value as Organize for the field Category (If it is not already available Add the Category field first).
- Hover over Category field to the change the property of this field as Read Only.
- Choose Save Query and mark this query as Default query.
- Click Ok and leave the Adapt mode.
Now the restricted accounts will not be accessible in the Sales Order Account Search screen
It is recommended to configure the above steps for specific page layout which the business role is assigned to. Further, please consider the impact of saving a custom query as default. When you save a custom query as default it impacts or restricts the search of Account field across the system.
Alternately, you can customize the restrictions via PDI.
Account; Customers; Value Help; Restrictions; Restrict; Ticket; Service; Sales; C4C; Cloud for Customer; Business Role; Restriction; Values; , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To