- When attempting to edit or run a 'Live Data' report in ORD, it loads for some time and fails with a Rendering error.
- This happens both in List reports and Pivot Queries
- The following logs are captured in the Analytics server:
ExceptionStatus: Timeout, Exception: The operation has timed out, RequestContent: . ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
SuccessFactors HXM Core - Report-Canvas (Detailed reporting)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Online Report Designer
- Attempt to edit or run a 'Live Data' report in ORD
There is a time-out limit set, for running an online report in ORD:
- This is done , since the same servers are used for both transactional as well reporting purposes.
- If a query runs for more than this time, it will cause issues with other jobs in the server.
The report's run time depends on multiple parameters. Examples:
- Number of columns and rows (amount of data)
- Cell level permissions
- User’s target population
- Server load
Any report that takes more than 5 minutes to load should be run using the Report Distributor to run offline.
ARB timeout, Online Report Designer , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem