You are creating a sales quote or sales order approval process with the work distribution rule Direct Approvers, however the employees name is not available for selection in the list of Direct Approvers work distribution.
Reproducing the Issue
This issue occurs for both the approval processes for sales quotes and sales order. In our example we will use the approval process for sales quotes.
- Go to the Application and User Management Work Center.
- Select the Task Distribution view and the Approval Process sub view.
- Select the Default approval process for Sales Quote.
- Click on the Copy button.
- In the Work Distribution field select Direct Approvers from the drop down list.
- Click on the Edit button.
- The employee ABC is not available for selection in the list for the Direct Approver (ABC represents the name of the employee).
The employee ABC is not visible in the list of Direct Approvers because for this user to perform the task execution, the user needs to have write permission for the work center view MMA_SALES from where the permissions for the required task execution is granted. If the user does not have this work center view assigned or this work center view has only Read Access and no Write Access, the user is not displayed as one of the probable persons who can participate in the approval process as Direct Approver.
You can assign the work center view MMA_SALES to the employee ABC using the following steps;
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Business Users view.
- Select the user ABC.
- Click on the Edit button and select the Access Rights option.
- Navigate to Worc Center and View Assignment tab.
- Assign the work center view MMA_SALES to this user.
- Navigate to Access Restrictions tab.
- Ensure that both Read Access and Write Access for the work center view MMA_SALES are Unrestricted.
- Save your changes.
The employee ABC can now be selected as Direct Approver in the approval process for sales quotes and/or for sales orders.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To