Users receive the below errors or an empty report when running certain Ad Hoc reports online:
Note: Running the report offline fetches expected results
- SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Ad Hoc Report
- Reporting and Analytics
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to 'Ad Hoc reports' in the Reports Center
- Click the affected report and select 'Run Report'
- Choose the 'Run Online' option and Generate the Report
- In such cases the report run for over 5 minutes until the below messages are shown:
- Bad Gateway", "Error 502"
- Bad Gateway!
- The proxy server received and invalid response form an upstream server.
- The proxy server could not handle the request POST/acme
- Reason: Error reading from remote server
- If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
- Error 502
- Tue Nov 24 188.8.131.52
- “Your report has timed out and cannot be completed Online. This could be due to a number of factors, including report size and complexity. Please run the report Offline”
Show Exception Stack Trace
- The Ad Hoc reporting framework has a time-out limitation of 5 minutes
- The report fails with the error since it took more than the defined time limit
- Such errors may be caused by a temporary inconsistency with the Report Server communication
There could be multiple reasons for such errors to occur - Ad Hoc report size, complexity or some issues with the report server communication.
- The issue occurs only with specific reports and they work at the preview screen and Run Offline,
but not online or via export to excel.
This report job is killed by the server since it kept running for more than 5 minutes.
Please use the 'Run Offline' option.
If you wish to Run it Online only, you could try reducing the report's runtime by modifying it.
For example, adding/Removing filters, Use 'Team View' instead of 'Other Filters', etc.,
- If the issue occurs with all Ad Hoc reports independent of the complexity or output size, please refer KBA 2219570 and Report an incident with the error and timestamp details.
Error 502, Ad Hoc, Bad Gateway
Ad Hoc Run Online
Report-Table , KBA , ad hoc report error , bad gateway , error 502 , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem