defaultValue option is unavailable for a translatable field in a MDF Object why?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Metadata Framework
- Employee Central - Metadata Framework
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a MDF Object and add a Translatable field
- Go to Manage Data to add data for the object created
3. Click on the globe icon on this field to add values in different locales. You will see defaultValue option is unavailable
If the visibility for the defaultValue field on the standard pre-delivered MDF object Translations has been set as Not Visible, this option will be unavailable on the Translatable fields of other MDF Objects.
In order to make this option available on the Translatable fields, follow the steps below:
- On your SuccessFactors instance, go to Admin Center and navigate to Configure Object Definitions page
- Search for object definition Translations (GOLocalizedData)
- Click on Make Correction and look for the standard field defaultValue as shown on the screenshot below
4. Click on the Details and set the Visibility of this field to Editable as highlighted in the below screenshot
Please refer to Guide: Implementing the Metadata Framework (MDF)
- 2079466 - Managing Foundation Object Translations - Employee Central
- 2901047 How to maintain translation for FOs and GOs - Employee Central
- 2210145 - Do not see my language label for a translatable field on a MDF object
- 2507298 - Label Translations not Reflecting on Fields on MDF Object Definitions
- 2411178 - Translations codes are shown instead of the labels in MDF
- 2238894 - Selectively Hiding MDF translations
MDF, Metadata Framework, translation, manage data, object, translate, defaultValue, editable, Configure Object Definitions , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem