- Unable to Save new UI in Manage Configure UI;
- Receiving error - meta is a required field/association in Object ConfigUIMeta when try saving a new UI;
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite;
- Metadata Framework (MDF);
Reproducing the Issue
- Go into Admin Center > Search for Manage Configuration UI;
- Create a new UI and click on Save > Error below is being shown:
This issue occurs if the standard field named meta has been set as Required (Mandatory) field on the pre-delivered MDF Object ConfigUIMeta.
The standard field meta in the ConfigUIMeta MDF object needs to be set as non-mandatory field. Customers who are facing this issue while configuring the UI, need to manually edit the object definition to set this field as a non-mandatory field. Follow the steps below to edit the object definition.
- Go to Admin Center and navigate to Configure Object Definitions page
- Search for the object definition ConfigUIMeta and click on Make Correction
- Search for the field meta and click on Details
- Set the Required option as No and Save the changes made on the object definition
MDF: Metadata Framework, issue to save IU , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , Problem