- Where does Crystal Reports store the Workbench Project(s) on the local computer?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "View", select "Workbench"
- In the "Workbench" pane, create a new project by selecting "Add - Add New Project"
- Enter the name of the project.
- Add reports to project.
Where does the Workbench Project information stored on the local computer?
- Crystal Reports Workbench Project(s) are stored in the XML document: projectexplorer.xml, on the local computer at:
C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Crystal Reports
Where: <USER NAME> is the name of the MS Windows user logged in to the computer.
Workbench Project does not store the reports file in the XML file, but store the path to each reports added to the project.
Below is an example of the XML file for a Workbench Project called: My Project
That contains the report: Sample Reports.rpt, located on the local computer under: C:\My Folder
<Workspace version="1.0"><Project name="My Project" Expanded="TRUE">
<Report location="C:\My Folder\Sample Report.rpt"/></Project></Workspace>
CR, Workbench Project , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To