- Users are not able to user Screen capture.
- Show Me Video feature pop-up window only displays "Upload File".
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
SAP Jam Collaboration
Reproducing the Issue
- The below error is received when doing a screen capture in Jam.
- A similar error is received when capturing a Show-Me video.
- The only available option is to upload a file.
Per engineering team, since browsers are EOL-ing (End-of-Life) support for applets, we have deprecated applet-based recorders and instead will be looking on plugin-based approach. Since it require big engineering effort for this enhancement, customers are allowed to upload videos recorded with 3rd party tools. There is no specific dates on this per engineering team.
Java plugin was discontinued for some browsers and, besides it, industry is moving away from using java applets (technology in which the recording function were based). Therefore, in order to avoid any possible security risks regarding the deprecated plugin, SuccessFactors Engineering Team has disabled the recording function.
2088578 - Show Me feature | Must-known guide
Jam screen capture, Google chrome, show me video, upload file, record, recording , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SHW , Show me videos , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , Problem