When attempting to view a candidate's resume in the Talent Pipeline, an error occurs:
"This candidate's resume is not available to view inline at this time. You can try again later or download the resume now."
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to the system
- Under Recruiting, Select a Requisition
- In the Talent Pipeline, select a candidate
- Click the Resume button to open the Resume viewer
- An error occurs:
- "This candidate's resume is not available to view inline at this time. You can try again later or download the resume now."
There could be several causes:
- The error points to an issue with the rendering of the image.
- There are a small amount of resumes; less than 2% that are not compatible with the inline viewer product and cannot be fixed
- If the resume cannot be opened in the test environment then the problem could be specific to the resume file
- There are many pre-formatted resume programs and not all are compatible with the viewer
- The error details can also point to a configuration issue
- For example the message might mention the role assigned to the user trying to access the resume is not permissioned to view it.
- There is a system downtime during that time.
- The user is opening several resume at the time and system is still trying to load all the selected candidate resume.
Depending on the reasons, here is you can do:
- In the case of error is encountered by all users, this would point to a server issue and case should be created and directed to support.
- If the problem is specific to the resume itself it could be part of the small number of resumes created with pre-formatted resume programs that are not compatible with inline viewer and cannot be fixed
- The work-around for that would be to go directly to the candidate profile to open the resume
2644504 - Updating permissions via Manage Templates Feature - Recruiting Management
Recruit, CV , KBA , recruit , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , Problem