Not able to do bulk upload of documents (attachments) due error message: "Error Msg: (attachment) contains an invalid attachment"
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- On running the backend job via Provisioning, results the "Error Msg: (attachment) contains an invalid attachment" even though the format of the files is correct.
- You can also get this error if tries to upload documents via UI on Import Extended User Information.
Notice that currently attachments can only be bulk imported via backend job, and the only way to add them via UI is to add in the profile".
This error is caused by some reasons:
- It is not defined file format to the attachment's field
- Due to limited/less 'Attachment Storage Allocation' space for your instance/company.
- The feature "Enable the Attachment Manager"is not checked in the customer provisioning.
- The attachment name and the attachment name in the .csv file do not match.
- Configure the file formats supported to attachment's field
- Go to: Manage Business Configuration
- Click: Employee Profile
- Click: Background Elements
- Select the Background Element
- Attachment's field, click: Details
- Fill field "File Formats" (Supported File Formats: doc | pdf | csv | htm | ppt | xls | gif | png | jpg | jpeg | html | rtf | bmp | xlsx | docx | pptx | txt | xml | msg)
In case you do not have "Manage Business Configuration" option, please contact the SuccessFactors Support requesting to configure the file formats supported.
2. Please contact the SuccessFactors Support to increase the 'Attachment Storage Allocation' space from 1 GB, which is the default space allocated to all clients to the required space from the backend.
3. Please contact the SuccessFactors Support or your partner to check whether "Enable the Attachment Manager" is enabled or not. If not, enable it.
4. Please make sure that the attachment name in the .csv file is an exact match of the file name that was compressed in the .zip file. If not, this record will not be imported.
SuccessFactor; contains an invalid attachment; Invalid attachment; File Formats; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JOB , Scheduled jobs , Problem