When you are trying to migrate Business Roles using the migration tool a Communication System must be maintained.
It may be that an External System (Communication System) does not exist in your case, but to be able to continue with migration you have entered a value of a Communication System which does not exist.
In this case you will get the error message No Business Instance Found for Logical System PI.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
2. Navigate to Implementation Project view and select the relevant Project and choose the button Open Activity List.
3. Select Integrate and Extend tab and search for the activity Migration of Business Roles.
4. Select the activity and press Open button.
5. Select the Migrate Business Role using the migration tool link.
6. Select the Upload button.
7. Browse to find the template and upload it.
8. Select the Upload button.
9. Select the Properties button and a new window pops up for maintaining Properties.
10. Here you need to select a Communication System.
11. If you now fill a Communication System which does not exist and start the migration system will throw error message:
No business instance found for logical system PI.
The maintained Communication System does not exist hence system throws the mentioned error message.
The migration template Migration of Business Roles is different form other migration templates and is used for Business Roles Replication from ERP or CRM system and hence it is necessary to have a Communication System for same.
In case, the Business Roles are not from any external system, we would suggest to create a dummy Communication System, create Communication Arrangement for same. Then after uploading the migration template, click on Properties button and select the newly created Communication System.
Try uploading the Business Roles after that and it should not give any error. If it persists, please make sure that the Communication System ID (System Instance ID) and the Business System ID maintained are the same.
Note: This will create replication request of Business Roles and not actual Business Roles. Once the replication request is created, you can go to Data Integration work center in Business Role Replication view and click on schedule button. This will trigger creation of actual Business Roles.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To