- Is it possible to delete primary records (e.g. Items, Scheduled offerings, Learners / Users, Domains, Subject areas, Curricula, Locales, Regions, Programs, Catalog, Reference, etc) through the front end of the application from SAP Successfactors Learning Management System (LMS)?
- Domain table dependency locale Key cannot be removed because it is in use
- How to mass delete incorrect data
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- The deletion of primary records (items, scheduled offerings, learners, domains, subject areas, curricula, locales, etc.) from Learning is discouraged and in many cases not possible through the front end of the application.
- In most cases, the records cannot be deleted due to referential integrity constraints that have been built into the application: the primary records have interacted with other records in the database which has built a chain of relationships in the database structure.
- Deleting records that are bound to referential integrity constraints, without addressing the appropriate trail of integrity constraints (which can be numerous), can have broad reaching negative impact on the application.
- For these reasons we recommend inactivating primary records in cases where they cannot be deleted.
- Records can be deleted immediately after creation and before any association with other entities is made.
- After the record has been associated with other entities, the resolution is to:
- "INACTIVATE" the record as in most cases deletion of primary records is not supported in the system.
- When this option is unavailable, you may add 'Do Not Use' or a similar message of your choice to the record description and remove from catalog/library access.
- Contact our Professional Services team to have a script built to delete the entities.
KB article 2149831 - How and When to reach out - Professional Services Consultant, Partner and Account/Finance Team
SF, success factors, LMS, deletion, removal, item user scheduled offering class curricula curriculum program subject area, mass, delete, reference , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-DB , DB Data & Services , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem