You migrate Appointment Activities via the Migration Tool. Although no Primary Contact is maintained in the Migration File, a Primary Contact for the Appointment activity is automatically picked and filled by the system. You consider this selection as incorrect.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Business Configuration work center.
2. Go to the Implementation Projects view.
3. Select the Open Activity List button.
4. Search and open activity Migration of Appointment Activities.
5. Select the Migrate Appointment Activities Using the Migration Tool link.
6. Select Show Completed Files.
7. Search for any successfully migrated file.
8. Open it in Microsoft Excel.
9. The General tab shows all the Appointment Activity IDs.
10. Go to the Activity Parties tab.
11. This tab is completely empty.
Now check for the migrated Appointment Activity in the UI:
1. Go to Activities work center.
2. Go to Appointments view.
3. Search for the Appointment Activity ID migrated through the above process.
4. Open the Appointment.
5. Although no Primary Contact is maintained in the Activity Parties tab of the related Migration File, it is automatically filled by the system.
When you create an Appointment manually or through Migration, the Primary Contact in the Appointment is picked in below sequence:
1. Primary Contact of the Appointment is the Primary Contact or Main Contact of the Account assigned in that Appointment.
2. If there is no Main Contact, then the first Contact of that Account is picked as a Primary Contact for that assignment.
If you want a particular contact to be the Primary Contact, then you can maintain that contact as Main in the respective Account.
Termin Migration, Sequence, Kontakt , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To