If a user registers for an External Learning site, the user receives a confirmation and the admin receives an information that a new user has registered for the specific site. This article answers the following questions:
- Where is the admin specified that will receive the notification?
- Who will receive the admin notification?
- Where can this be set within SAP SuccessFactors Learning?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- When user creates a new account request notification is sent out to admin who is assigned approval role as specified in the following steps:
- System Administration
- Global Application Settings
- Approval process settings
- Default User-Created Account Process ID:
- For this functionality approval process needs to have specific users associated as approver by following these steps:
- System Admin
- Approval Process
- Add supervisor/admin ids who are authorized to approve/reject user account registration request
- These notifications will be triggered to user and supervisor (Admin > System Admin > Configuration > Notification Templates):
- Notify Approver of action required
- Template ID: UserCreatedAccountApprovalRequired
- Template ID: UserCreatedAccountApproved
- Template ID: UserCreatedAccountDenied
- Template ID: UserCreatedAccountReminder
Please note that if no Approval Process is set, as showed on the previous steps, then SuccessFactors Learning will take the default email address configured as follows:
- System Admin
- Global Variables
- Mail tab
- Field 'User Notification Email'.
UserCreatedAccountApprovalRequired is only used when the registration validation is set to Approval Process. [You can view this in the below image. It shows you this option in the dropdown]
- SELF_REGISTRATION_ADMIN is not sent when the registration validation is set to Approval Process.
- If the registration validation option as seen below is NOT set to Approval Process, then SELF_REGISTRATION_ADMIN notification is sent.
NOTE: There is currently a fix for this notification in LRN-110189. The fix will be applied in 2111 release. This fix will mean the SELF_REGISTRATION_ADMIN notification gets sent to the Application Notification Admin Email in global variables - mail for both None and Registration code Registration validation options for Sites.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning User Assistance Guide: Template ID to Trigger to Receiver Map
External, self register, Notification, approval process, UserCreatedAccountApprovalRequired, UserCreatedAccountApproved, UserCreatedAccountDenied, UserCreatedAccountReminder , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To