Not able to create Supplier Invoice using Excel Template with Custom Tax Code.
The interface throws error message: The value 'Y*'of the field 'Tax Code X' is invalid
Reproducing the Issue
- Go To Supplier Invoicing work center
- Go To Invoice Entry view
- Select New then Import from Microsoft Excel
- Logon in the system using the SAP Add-In
- Fill the Supplier Invoice Header and the Supplier Invoice Lines
- Select Save Data To
- Receive the error: The value 'Y*' of the field 'Tax Code X' is invalid
The Web Service Runtime does not support Partner created content on a SAP field, passed via Web Service or through Excel Add-in Interface.
The current version of SAP Business ByDesign does not support to pass PDI created content on a SAP delivered field via Excel Add-in Interface or through a Web Service.
Workaround, Partner can create a new PDI field on Supplier Invoice Item Node as following:
- Create new PDI extension field on the Supplier Invoice (i. e. Name: Partner Tax Code)
- Extend the Excel Add-in Interface to also contain this extension field
- In Excel template itself, in the field Product Tax Code, enter a SAP delivered Tax Code
- For the partner field, enter the PDI created Tax Code.
- On the Supplier Invoice, create an After modify ABSL script, which pushes the PDI extension field data to the SAP field i.e. push the value of the field Partner Tax Code to the SAP field Product Tax Code.
You will be able to enter PDI created tax codes on the Excell Add-in Interface.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To