This KB article explains how to set up a Deployment Location in Learning with iContent
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Deployment Locations are used in conjunction with the Import Content tool. It's a wizard that you can use to import one or more content packages, deploy them to a content server, and create and configure items to be associated with those content packages.
- When importing a course, an admin can add new content and upload the selected content.
There are two major configuration files that need to be considered when setting up Deployment Location:
- Content Import:
- This configuration contains the maximum allowed file size for Content Import (maximumFileSizeKB)
- It can be accessed by going to System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > CONTENT IMPORT
- This property is in bytes, and should be set to the corresponding value of the maximumFileSizeKB property in the Content Import configuration
- It can be accessed under System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > LMS_ADMIN > fileUploadMaxSize
- Go to Learning Administration
- Navigate to System Administration > Configuration > Content Deployment Locations
- Click Add New
- A popup window appears. Fill in the details:
- Explanation of the available fields (* indicates a required field):
- Deployment Location ID*: ID as per your requirement.
- Description: Short description regarding this particular deployment location.
- Domain*: Domain ID in which you want particular set of group to use it.
- Host Name*: sFTP URL of your iContent server.
- Port*: is always 22 for iContent services.
- Username*: username of your iContent server (not the same as the standard BizX or LMS sftp accounts for reports, connectors, etc...)
<tenantuser>_content for self-managed iContent account
<tenantuser>_managed for PCM premium iContent accounts
- Password*: password of your iContent server.
- URL Prefix: refer KBA 2396085
- Directory: Directory in which you want to store your content in your iContent server. Make sure that this directory has already been created in the SFTP site. It is a good practice to create a main/root folder for each LMS environment, especially when multiple LMS environments share the same iContent account. It is also a good practice to have a folder for each LMS environment. (Please note the "My Folders" can be excluded from this path as it is a place-holder only) Note: It is imperative that the directory folder that is added to this field is appended to the URL prefix as shown in the screenshot above.
- It is best practice to not utilize special characters in both files that are being uploaded or in the Directory section as per the guide. This can lead to courses not working in either desktop or mobile application.
- Note: Notifications are sent to the e-mail address configured under System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > CONTENT IMPORT > IContentNotificationEmailAddress.
KB article 2396085 - iContent Launch URL Prefix for Each Datacenter
sf, success factors, LMS, content, import, iContent, deployment locations, setup, url, prefix, directory, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-PCM , iContent , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , How To