When creating a new account, if there are multiple mandatory fields (such as Name, City, Country and Owner) left blank then the error messages are not triggered for all the fields.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Click on New.
- Fill value for one field only (e.g. Country field).
- Choose Save.
- Error appears: 'Save rejected because field xyz is defined as mandatory by key user' (where xyz represents the field name).
In the given example you get two errors as above for State field. The error for Name field is not appearing at this point.
- In HTML5 UI, the fields which are marked mandate using Key User Tools (KUT) gives error instantly (i.e. without any server round trips) and also gives appropriate error message. However, the fields which are marked as mandate by standard requires a backend round trip.
- In this case the name field is the standard mandatory field and therefore you will see the error message only when you fill in all the other mandatory fields which are marked mandatory via KUT.
- In this case you can test by entering the values for State and Owner fields and press Enter. This would trigger a backend roundtrip and the error message for Name field appears.
NOTE: The above explanation is not confined only to Accounts view but observed across the system.
This is the standard system behavior as per the UI framework.
Mandatory; Field;KUT;HTML5;Account;Save. , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To