There are one or more duplicate Records in Canvas / ORD reports with Advanced Reporting Data source
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Online Report Designer / Report - Canvas: Advanced reporting
System Limitation - No option to Enable Distinct in Advanced Reporting
- Advanced Reporting will fetch duplicates If any field in any of the tables used in the query has different data for the records displayed.
- This would be the case, even if the aforementioned field has not been used in the query.
- To remove these duplicates, we would have to identify this field and apply filters to it to exclude unwanted entries.
The best approach to do this would be:
- Make a Copy of the Query / Report under concern.
- Add a filter to just include an example user / record that results in duplicates.
(This reduces the query’s run time and reduces the refresh interval between every change made)
- Isolate the problematic table by removing the existing tables one by one.
- Once identified, retain this table and remove as many of the other tables as possible.
- We are trying to replicate the duplicates issue with minimal tables / fields.
- You could also export the data in XLS / XLSX format and use external tools like Microsoft Excel to identify duplicates
More details on date options - 2368375 - How to Set Up and Use Date Options in Advanced Reporting
If you feel 'Enable Distinct' is a critical functionality for Advanced Reporting, we request you to submit an enhancement request for the same.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
This will allow other customers to vote up and thereby express their interest on the same.
Our Product management teams review enhancement requests regularly and implement them if and when feasible.
Advanced, Reporting, duplicate, row, rows, record, records, line, lines, multiple, users, data, corrupt, sync, out, of, REALMS , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , LOD-SF-EC-ROD , Advanced Reporting (Employee Central ODS/ORD) , Problem