- Crystal Reports crash when refreshing a report based on Salesforce.com Command Object.
- Crystal Reports 2013 crash, when attempting to refresh a report based off Salesforce Query (SOQL)
- In Crystal Reports 2011 and below, the same report refresh successfully.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2013, create a new report off Salesforce.com data source.
- Add a Command Object, and type a Salesforce Query (SOQL)
- Add database fields to the Details section of the report.
- When refreshing the report, Crystal Reports 2013 crash.
- The issue occurs due to the Salesforce Query (SOQL) contains more than one database fields with multiple levels of child-to-parent relationships, like:
SELECT Name, MyCountryLink__r.MyRegionLink__r.MyCityLink__r.MyAddressLink__r.Name,
- This issue has been reproduced at SAP, and tracked under SAP Note 2028040
- The issue is resolved in the following product updates:
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 03 - Patch 7
- Support Pack 04 - Patch 5
- Support Pack 05 - Patch 1
- Support Pack 06 and above
SFDC, SForce, CR, SOQL , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2013