SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Administration
User Assistance Documentation on the SAP Help Portal
This KBA describes how to access the User Assistance Documentation for SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Administration topics
This documentation will assist you in:
- Understanding the main capabilities of SF Onboarding
- Describing the main features and default processes of Onboarding
- Calculating the DueDate for process steps
- Administration and Managing of Onboarding and Offboarding of Employees
Important: Be sure to logon to https://help.sap.com to access the links provided in this KBA as some documents are gated and require a logon to access.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding - ONB
Please be sure to logon to the SAP Help Portal in order to access these documentation links.
Use the links below for more information on these important SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Administration topics:
- Introduction to Onboarding - SuccessFactors Onboarding enables new hires to hit the ground running with more strategic activities. It allows managers to connect, inform, and empower new hires with the right tools, content, and connections even before their first day on the job to start driving business results faster.
- Initial Technical Configuration - Managing Password in Onboarding
- Localization in Onboarding - Once languages are made available for a customer instance, key areas of Onboarding are available for translation.
- Setting up Permissions - Configure Onboarding and Role-Based Permissions to grant users access to different parts of the Onboarding application
- User Creation - Onboarding has two types of users - new hires and employees
- Pre-Day 1 Access for New Hires - Pre-Day 1 is an innovation from SAP SuccessFactors that enables you to grant new hires access to your system well before their start date.
- Synchronizing User, Permission, and Foundation Data - To transfer the existing user data from SuccessFactors Onboarding into the Onboarding system, sync the data using Ad Hoc reports, this document explains how.
- Onboarding Tiles on the SuccessFactors HCM Homepage - It is not enough for a new hire to see a ToDo if they haven’t completed all their paperwork. They need assurance that it is complete, even when everything is done
- Concurrent Employment in Onboarding - If your organization supports concurrent employment, you can configure your application to record and process concurrent employment information for reference during the onboarding process.
- New Home Page Tiles - Prior to the Q1 2017 release, the Prepare for Day One, Meetings, and Where to Go tiles were available only on the SuccessFactors HCM mobile application. Now, these tiles have been migrated to the home page.
- Offboarding - Offboarding allows a company to process employee terminations and de-provisioning
- Crossboarding - Crossboarding process enables you to provide internal employees an opportunity to seek other roles within your organization that best suit their capabilities
- Integration with SAP ERP - The Onboarding integration with SAP ERP allows customer using SuccessFactors HCM and SAP ERP to pass data between the two systems for onboarding and hiring
- I-9 - Employers must complete Form I-9 each time they hire any person to perform labor or services in the United States in return for wages or other remuneration
- E-Verify - E-Verify is an online system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to US government data to confirm an employment eligibility
- Business Configuration and Administration - Introduction to SuccessFactors HCM Onboarding
- Work Queue
- Onboarding Dashboard User Interface - The landing page of your Onboarding application has an option to switch to a redesigned UI, which has significant improvements over the existing UI
- How to Export Data from the Work Queue - You can export data from the work queue to a .csv file using the Export feature.
- Managing the Employee Portal - The Success Factors Onboarding Employee Portal bridges the client’s Internet site and Intranet sites to provide required information to the new employee
- Integrating Recruiting Management and Employee Central - To create a seamless flow of user data, clients can choose to integrate the Recruiting Management, Onboarding, and Employee Central modules
- Intelligent Services for Onboarding and Offboarding - When configured, the Intelligent Services automatically updates data in Onboarding or Offboarding based on changes to data in Recruiting or Employee Central
- How to Configure Position Management with Onboarding - Integrating Onboarding with Employee Central's Position Management allows users to capture to sync position information during the Onboarding process.
Admin Guide AdminGuide adminguide SF SuccessFactors Onboarding ONB OBD , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To