- Information Design Tool (IDT) cannot connect to the Central Management Server (CMS) through a VPN and fails with error below (extract of the logs):
|com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.security.internal.LogonService||ensureServiceStub(): failed to obtain logon service for <CMSNAME>
com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$NotFoundInDirectory: Server <CMSNAME> not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)
cause:java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
detail:Server <CMSNAME> not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) Connection refused: connect
- Using Process Monitor filtered on the IDT process and limited to the TCP traces (Disable File, Registry and Thread scan), the process can be seen attempting two connections to an IPv6. Using it on other tools which are not Java based (ie: Universe Design Tool), the process connects to an IP which does not match the BI server and every TCP/IP exchange is done over port 1080 - the important part being that
- It does not connect to the BI hostname, FQDN or IP address
- It does not connect to ports 6400 or the other services ports of BusinessObjects
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform BI 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform BI 4.1
- VPN connectivity
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , BI-BIP-IDT , Information design tool , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.