- A 'load database' command fails with the following error:
D00: Attempting direct I/O for device '<file name>'
Backup Server: 184.108.40.206: dd_read: read <file name>: Invalid argument.
Backup Server: 220.127.116.11:  The 'read' call failed for database/archive device while working on stripe device '<file name>' with error number 22 (Invalid argument). Refer to your operating system documentation for further details.
- This only occurs when your underlying disk hardware uses 4K sectors (usually SSD devices at the moment).
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
ssd, disk, device, "block size", blocksize, block, 792093, CR792093, CR#792093, directIO , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.