When trying to release or save a newly created customer invoice the following error message occurs:
"Invoice request XYZ item XX not possible; reference document inconsistent" (XYZ represents the ID of the invoice request and XX the line item number).
SAP Business ByDesgin
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Search for invoice request XYZ.
- Select invoice request XYZ line and click the Invoice button.
The following error message occurs:
"Invoice request XYZ item XX not possible; reference document inconsistent".
When invoicing an outbound delivery invoice request, system matches the data from the sales order invoice request and with the data of the outbound delivery invoice request to create the invoice (same applies to customer contract invoice request). In this case, there might be inconsistencies with the currency used.
Please ensure that the currencies maintained in the sales order invoice request and the outbound delivery invoice request have a conversion maintained.
To do so please follow these steps:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks view.
- Click Edit Exchange Rates.
- Maintain the conversion rates as needed.
KBA: 2814513 - Your Invoice Request Is Inconsistent
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To