You are checking the Sales Document Items under Cost and Revenue, however you notice that there are missing Incurred Costs for the sales document.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to Sales Document Items view.
- Find the relevant sales order.
- Go to Accounting Data tab.
You see that the Incurred Costs amount is less than expected for this sales order.
The difference in incured cost calculated for the sales order is caused by unassigned expenses to this sales order.
In case you wish to drill down to the difference amount, the following reports are helpful:
- Sales Document - Line Items for Sales Order Item
- Sales Document - Line Items for Project
- Project Cost and Revenue by Project Structure -> Add the characterics for Sales Order and Sales Order Item. The items with # are unassigned. You may drill down from unassigned ICD Incurred Cost.
In order to see the correct incured costs for the sales order, you need to assign the expenses to a sales order as follows:
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Not Invoiced Time and Expenses view.
- Select the concerned project and click Edit Time and Expenses.
- Assign the not assigned time and expenses to the sales order.
After that the Incurred Cost under Accounting Data shall reflect the assigned entries.
You may also refer to help document Edit Assignment Rules for Linking Project Tasks to Sales Order Items.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To