- We are trying to update the Date format in one of the Custom columns but the date is appears in a different format to that defined in the file.
- When the import file is opened in CSV format the date entered is shown correctly as "MM/DD/YYYY", however, after successful import the date format shows in a different format (e.g. YYYY-MM-DD).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- The import file has a different format of data being sent in the custom fields.
- There is data type validation on custom fields.
- The reason we see different format is because of the spreadsheet software that automatically converts YYYY-MM-DD to a MM/DD/YYYY date.
- To confirm this, kindly open the input file in a Text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, EditPlus .. etc) rather in CSV format.
- When we open the file in CSV format, the spread sheet software will automatically convert all the date formats to MM/DD/YYYY.
- So to resolve the said issue, please modify the date format and reimport the data and this will resolve the issue with the date format displayed in the custom columns.
Custom column, date, format, Date format , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , How To